Do you have chronic health issues that do not get better despite modern medicine? Instead of giving up on treatment altogether, perhaps it is time for you to consider chiropractic adjustments and techniques. Since they should not substitute modern medicine, consider chiropractic adjustments as supplementary therapies to improve your general health and wellness.
What Are Chiropractic Adjustments?
They are therapeutic techniques that major in spinal manipulation to improve wellness throughout the body. The goal of any chiropractor in Tyrone, GA, is to manually adjust the alignment of your spine to relieve pressure on your joints and promote optimal functioning of your body. The logic behind chiropractic treatments near you is that spinal health affects the general body health. As such, you need chiropractic care to stimulate natural healing on various parts of your body.
7 Types of Chiropractic Adjustments
Chiropractors at Nexus Chiropractic and other Medspa near you rely on various chiropractic adjustment techniques. It usually depends on the nature of the problem you have.
- The diversified technique – focuses on misaligned joints or bones that limit a range of motions in your body. The technique employs hands-on, quick thrusts on different parts of your spine. This approach relies on great precision to restore proper spine alignment by relieving any existing tension.
- Spinal manipulation or mobilization – involves manual therapy to improve nerve functionality in your body. The approach utilizes more stretching exercises along with gentle thrusting motions on your spinal column.
- Thompson Drop-Table technique – specifically involves a customized padded table that features a drop mechanism to achieve a full-spine therapy. As you lie on the table, the chiropractor will use quick thrusts to adjust your spine, which will activate the drop mechanism. The drop motions are gentle that will feel like light vibrations in your body.
- The Gonstead adjustment – focuses on the proper alignment of the spinal discs, hence targeting the lower back or pelvis. It is unique that you may not need to lie down on your stomach for the treatment. While sitting up on lying on your side, your physician can perform the Gonstead adjustment.
- The Activator method – utilizes an ‘activator’, a handheld device that administers gentle forces or impulses on your spinal column. The impulses target the spinal vertebral segments that may be out of alignment to promote nerve functionality and improve blood flow.
- The Flexion-Distraction technique – also utilizes a table like the Thompson Drop-Table technique. However, this one does not have a drop mechanism with every adjustment. Instead, it employs a rhythmic motion to flex the spine.
- Spinal decompression – is a common approach for addressing chronic lower back pain. The technique involves a table that will allow for stretching your spine in different motions to promote a healthy flow of fluids into the discs of the spine. Spinal decompression is incredible for correcting spinal disc problems, including herniated, bulging, and degenerated discs.
What Does Dr. Krutika Desai at Nexus Chiropractic Treat?
Using any of the types of chiropractic adjustments mentioned above, Dr. Krutika can treat several health problems, including the following:
- Stress and anxiety – chiropractic treatments have proven very useful for patients battling feelings of anxiety and stress. The treatments promote relaxation and rejuvenation by ridding you of any tension and stiffness in your muscles.
- Poor sleeping habits – if you are worried about having unhealthy sleeping patterns, consider chiropractic adjustments. Many patients who undergo treatments encounter high-quality sleep because their bodies and brains are stimulated to relax and rest.
- Chronic body pains – the most common type of chronic pain in chiropractic care is lower back pain. However, chiropractors near you can treat various pains, including joint, neck, and shoulder pain, among others.
- Migraines and chronic headaches – your chiropractor will target the nervous system and stimulate proper blood flow to treat headaches and migraines.
- Sport-related injuries – any physical therapy you need to help you recover optimal mobility for your ligaments is possible through chiropractic adjustments.